Thursday, January 05, 2012

MAKE THOU NO ROOMS ANYMORE

In haste I sweep my heart floors with a broom at the announcement of the Visitor. My eyes are lit up in alarm to quickly put up an acceptable presentation of my untrue self.

“Be quick! Be quick!” my soul cries out in a hurry to splash water over what should be scrubbed. No time to put away loitering clothes but do see some wall cracks to stuff ‘em in.

I plant a smile right away over my fake face and if needed, will show remorse and deceive myself this remorse isn't momentary.

“Shoot!” I cursed at my clothes ‘cos they look so filthy.
“Ah Ha!” Got a lint remover. Now that should do it.

“hmm! What smells? Is that me?” Darn it!
Perfume to the rescue!

“Whew! That was close.”

“Now let’s check on my breath! Ew! I thought so! This is a job for a mouthwash.”

Finally ready!

Visitor comes…Visitor goes…

Only a matter of time and they all start creeping back…

Breathe goes south…and then the perfume wears out…
Lint remover doesn’t clean clothes…washing does…
Weariness overshadows my former smile…
And my body itches. Definitely need a bath…

…and then…a squeaky sound…
“Oh no! Don’t tell me!” 
A rat seems to be having fun pushing through the wall cracks and playing with the clothes I stuffed away earlier.

“That’s it! I’m tired of myself!”

Can’t continue making patches on torn clothes when there is a chance to get new.
Gotta take out the bandages and get a real treatment for what ails.
Making room within has become hoarding of the old.
I can no longer settle for convenience in sight of the real deal  if can just push myself a little more.
Can't stand the pity I've earned for always making excuses.

O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from this life of death?
No wonder I’m unhappy…no wonder I’m sore.
I cannot retain the Spirit with dirt shoved to side – the cause of my ill-health!
“You know what? I’ll empty myself, be imbued by the Spirit and filled anew. My soul, make thou no rooms anymore!!!


IN AN ENDLESS TRADITION OF GOD'S WORD AND THE MIRACULOUS!!!

No comments: